Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween and such

So, it's been a long while since I've posted anything. I've mostly been trying to get this whole blogging thing figured out and try and find time (!) to post and update. My goal is to try and post at least a few times a week to let you know what's going on with us and to add some pics of little Mady.

So, Madelyn was a black cat for halloween. You can't really get the full effect of her costume in this photo, so I might take a post-halloween posed shot where you can see her in all her feline glory - tail and all! She didn't mind the costume too much. It's velvet, so more than anything it made her hot! She didn't go out trick-or-treating this year. We're gonna save that for next year when she's a bit more mobile!
This little outfit (shirt and socks) was given to us by some of my coworkers. I've tried several times to get her picture in it, but somehow she always manages to end up not wearing it when I go to pick her up from daycare (i.e. blowout!) My favorite thing about this outfit is how her belly has a tendency to peek out. I think she was sucking it in for this shot! :)

Tuesday Madelyn's great-grandparents from West Virginia came to visit. She was pretty tired and a little cranky, but did manage to crack a few smiles and sit on the table while we ate our gourmet meal of pizza and cheese bread. Somehow I managed to only get pictures of her with one set of great-grandparents. I'm sure I'll be getting some from someone of the others. It was very neat and special that she got to see them. We're very lucky to have so many people that love and care about us and our new little one!

No comments: