Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Home Alone

So Jonathan left for an engineering conference (aka dork convention) on Monday after work. Which means Madelyn and I have been on our own since then. I guess I was more worried about taking care of the 500 things in the morning that make things so hectic at times. Boy was I wrong. Mornings - not so bad. Evenings, especially Tuesday, were a bear! Monday night I thought to myself, "ok, I can do this! She's being great." Well, Tuesday she made me eat my words. For one reason or another she would not stop being fussy or crying. She didn't nap very much at daycare that day. So that was problem #1. Problem #2 was that she got hungry approximately 1.25 hours before she normally does. I was not prepared and figured it had to be anything but that. She wailed. I finally gave in and fed her at 7:15. She took her bath pretty well and fussed a little while I was rocking her. Needless to say, she wore herself out. I didn't hear her stir until 4am. It's definitely been a lesson learned in how important it is to have a teammate in this game called parenting!

We had our usual Wednesday night pizza (no yoga though.) I took these of her trying to sit in her Bébé Pod. I love the fact that she sits to one side and that Gracie thought we were there to rub her tummy.

Trying to smile while focusing on sitting!


1 comment:

Joni said...

I'm so glad that you have a blog too! Now I can keep up with you all better. She is a cutie and has changed a lot since we saw her last. HOpe you are doing good!